Matt Appleton is a New Zealand armour & weapons supervisor at Weta Workshop and actor who worked as a leather worker and a standby armour and weapons technician for The Lord of the Rings trilogy and played a Council Elf in The Fellowship of the Ring.
- What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? - 1999 - wardrobe assistant
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - 2001 - leather worker (uncredited), standby armour & weapons technician, and Council Elf (uncredited)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - 2002 - armour weapons and standby
- Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - 2003 - miniatures crew
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - 2003 - armour weapons and standby
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - 2005 - props, armour & weapons, and onset standby
- District 9 - 2009 - costume supervisor
- Daybreakers - 2009 - creature suit supervisor
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 2012 - costume and armour supervisor
- Elysium - 2013 - specialty costumes, props model, and making supervisor
- A Twist in the Tale - 1999 - costume prop maker
- Revelations - 2002-03 - stand-by props
Behind the scenesEdit
- Matt had also worked with Peter Jackson in District 9 and the first film of The Hobbit trilogy.
- Matt had straightened his hair when he filmed his cameo without wearing a wig, and was the first extra after Dan Hennah and Billy Jackson not to wear a wig.